Sleeplessness or insomnia is one of the common sleep disorders. It is characterized by difficulty in falling to sleep or staying asleep. And on serious cases it already interferes with the normal physical, emotional and mental functioning. An average person 15 minutes to fall asleep when they are in bed and 30 40% of adults are having insomnia. Affects all age groups and it usually occurs 1.4 times more common on women than men.
In general insomnia is classified according to the length of occurrence:
- symptoms lasting less than one week are classified as transient insomnia,
- symptoms between one to three weeks are classified as short-term insomnia, and
- those longer than three weeks are classified as chronic insomnia.
- Avoid before-bed snacks, particularly grains and sugars.
- Sleep in complete darkness or as close as possible.
- Read something spiritual or religious
- No TV right before bed.
- Avoid using loud alarm clocks.
- Avoid caffeine
- Make certain you are exercising regularly.
- Establish a bedtime routine.